16 January 2021
Dear Members of our Association
We trust you are having a relaxing holiday after celebrating the Christmas festivities with family and friends. We hope the New Year and the New Decade will bring you good health, happiness, and wonderful relationships.
Chinese New Year Dinner
This year, we will be celebrating the Chinese New Year of the Ox with a dinner function. We look forward to seeing many members for a reunion, given COVID-19 curtailed all our activities in 2020. The dinner details are:
Date: 6.30 pm, Sunday, 21 February 2021
Venue: Imperial Palace, 519 Ellerslie-Panmure Highway, Mt Wellington, Auckland 1060
Cost: $10 pp for members and $40 pp for guest of members (if spaces are available)
Reservations essential. Please contact our Deputy Chairman, Lok Ming Yee on (09) 256
Auckland Zhong Shan Clan Association Academic Awards 2021
Our Association is proud to recognise the academic achievements of our members. We invite our members to apply for the following educational awards that they gained between 1 January 2020 and 31 March 2021:
- $200 award for passing NCEA Level 3 Certificate with an Excellence endorsement.
- $300 award for gaining a career qualification that required at least three years’ training.
- $300 award for graduating from a University with a recognised degree.
- $400 award for graduating from a University with a recognised conjoint degrees.
These awards will be presented at the Association’s 37th Anniversary Dinner on Saturday,
15 May 2021.
- Be individual paid-up members of the Auckland Zhong Shan Clan Association, Inc.,
- Have attained their qualification(s) between 1 January 2020 and 31 March 2021,
- Submit evidence of their academic achievements, such as an official NCEA certificate, official academic transcript, trade certificate, degree certificate, and such relevant documents.
- Send the above information and request for further information to Dr Vernon Choy, Chair of Academic Awards Subcommittee, at email@example.com by 15 April 2021.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Our Association’s AGM will be held at 2 pm on Sunday, 2 May 2021, at the Association Club House on the First Floor, 30 Glenmall Place, Glen Eden, Auckland 0602. The agenda follows:
Minutes of the 2020 AGM held on 28 June 2020
- Chairman’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- General business
- Election of committee members
- Committee members’ election of:
- 3 Deputy Chairmen
- Chinese Secretary
- English Secretary
The above events are based on Auckland and New Zealand continuing to be at COVID-19 Alert Level 1. In case COVID-19 reappears in our community and the Government moves us to a higher Alert Level that restricts gatherings, we will notify you of the cancellation of the events. Please keep an eye out for updates on (1) your email, (2) the Association’s website (www.zhongshan.nz), and (3) the Association’s Facebook page (Auckland ZhongShan).
In the meantime, please use the COVID Tracer App wherever you go, wash your hands often with soap, wear a mask on public transport, and stay home if you are unwell, isolate yourself and call Healthline if your sickness persists. Please take care of yourselves, and we look forward to seeing you at the above events.
Professor Jilnaught Wong