The foundation members of our Association came from a relatively uneducated and poor background. They experienced difficulties when they came to New Zealand and took what opportunities that came their way. Many were successful, and their children were encouraged to work hard and take advantage of the better circumstances provided by our older generation.
As an Association, we would like to encourage our next generation to do well in their chosen studies so that they can proceed to successful careers.
Our Association wishes to recognise our young members for obtaining career building qualifications.
This year, for the first time, cash awards will be given to those who:
- Award $100 Pass NCEA Level 3 certificate with an Excellence endorsement
- Award $250 Gain a career qualification that required at least three years’ training
- Award $250 Graduate from a University with a recognised degree
To qualify for one of the above awards, which will be presented at our Anniversary Dinner in May 2017, applicants must:
- Be individual paid up members of the Auckland Zhong Shan Clan Association, Inc.
- Have attained their qualification between February 2016 and January 2017.
- Submit evidence of their academic achievements, such as an official NCEA certificate, official academic transcript, trade certificate, degree certificate, and such relevant documents.
Applications for the above awards are to be sent to email@example.com by 28 February 2017. If eligible, awards will be made by random selection in each category up to the budgeted amount set by the Association.