Dear Members of our Association
We trust you are having a relaxing holiday after celebrating the Christmas festivities with family and friends. We hope the New Year brings you good health, happiness, and successes
in everything you set out to achieve.
Dinner for Chinese New Year of the Tiger
We will be celebrating the Chinese New Year of the Tiger with a dinner function. We look forward to seeing many members for a reunion, given COVID-19 curtailed many of our
activities in the last two years. The dinner details are:
Date: 6.30 pm, Sunday, 13 February 2022
Venue: Imperial Palace, 519 Ellerslie-Panmure Highway, Mt Wellington, Auckland 1060
Cost: $10 pp for members and $40 pp for guests of members (if spaces are available)
Reservations are essential and must for paid for at entry, whether you attend or not because a place would have been allocated to the reservation(s). Please contact Deputy Chairman, Lok Ming Yee on (09) 256 1373
Association’s 38th Anniversary Dinner
The dinner is planned for Saturday, 21 May 2022. Please take a note of the date. We will provide further details closer to the time.
Auckland Zhong Shan Clan Association Academic Awards 2022
Our Association is proud to recognise the academic achievements of our members. We invite our members to apply for the following educational awards that they gained between
1 January 2021 and 31 March 2022:
- $200 award for passing NCEA Level 3 Certificate with an Excellence endorsement.
- $300 award for gaining a career qualification that required at least three years’ training.
- $300 award for graduating from a University with a recognised degree.
- $400 award for graduating from a University with recognised conjoint degrees.
These awards will be presented at the Association’s 38th Anniversary Dinner on Saturday, 21 May 2022.
- Be individual paid-up members of the Auckland Zhong Shan Clan Association, Inc.,
- Have attained their qualification(s) between 1 January 2021 and 31 March 2022,
- Submit evidence of their academic achievements, such as an official NCEA certificate, official academic transcript, trade certificate, degree certificate, and such
- Send the above information and request for further information to Dr Vernon Choy, Chair of Academic Awards Subcommittee, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 April 2022.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Our Association’s AGM will be held at 1 pm on Sunday, 1 May 2022, at the Association Club House on the First Floor, 30 Glenmall Place, Glen Eden, Auckland 0602. Members are welcome to attend. The agenda follows:
- Minutes of the 2021 AGM held on 2 May 2021
- Chairman’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- General business
The above events are based on Auckland and New Zealand remaining on the Orange Level of the COVID-19 Protection Framework or the relevant regime at the time. If COVID-19
reappears in our community and the Government moves to restrict gatherings, we will notify you of the cancellation of the events. Please keep an eye out for updates on (1) your email, (2) the Association’s website (www.zhongshan.nz), and (3) the Association’s Facebook page (Auckland ZhongShan).
In the meantime, please use the COVID Tracer App wherever you go, wash your hands often with soap, wear a N95 mask, and stay home if you are unwell, isolate yourself and call
the COVID Healthline if your sickness persists.
Please take care of yourselves, and we look forward to seeing you at the above events.
Emeritus Professor Jilnaught Wong